Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 509260 times)

Zealous 900, OneOfTheNobodies, R04D and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline MZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1039
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
  • Country: lt
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3930 on: February 21, 2021, 06:07:35 AM
*Originally Posted by adamn58 [+]
My friend has experience tuning z900s and he told me that they are safe to 11.5k rpm.  He's done a couple to 12k.  He says that anything past that and you worry about the piston hitting a valve before it can close.  That would blow the engine.  But with a good tuner who can properly monitor and dial in the engine should have no problem going up to at least 11.5k rpm.

Ok, we all take our risks, i saw a lot videos on utube tuners raise rev lims abit, also want mine to be higher, but we have only this tuner for the bikes and due c19 lockdowns i cant event go to visit him

P.s.
 he meant the strength of the internals, materials used for production.  Maybe he is wrong, maybe he is too careful, but he is also a pro tuner for many years, he tune race bikes mostly, also race cars
Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/mzslave

Instagram: @mz900lt

Offline lampard8

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Bike: Z900 2020
  • Country: it
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3931 on: February 21, 2021, 01:17:15 PM
*Originally Posted by Fogg72 [+]


Is that an Aliexpress windshield? Is it longer than the stock one? I like the "V" design

Offline ksimon

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: TALLAHASSEE
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3932 on: February 26, 2021, 09:46:42 PM
Finally got around to installing Bikemaster Heated grips


Offline superpig

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 384
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3933 on: February 26, 2021, 10:11:04 PM
*Originally Posted by adamn58 [+]
My friend has experience tuning z900s and he told me that they are safe to 11.5k rpm.  He's done a couple to 12k.  He says that anything past that and you worry about the piston hitting a valve before it can close.  That would blow the engine.  But with a good tuner who can properly monitor and dial in the engine should have no problem going up to at least 11.5k rpm.

why would you even bother?
It's not a race bike and if all you care about is power gains then why would you buy a z900...  :084: :112:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline adamn58

  • Z900 Junior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3934 on: February 26, 2021, 10:43:49 PM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
why would you even bother?
It's not a race bike and if all you care about is power gains then why would you buy a z900...  :084: :112:
Because I like fast bikes?  I bought a Z900 because I wanted a sport bike that wasnt going to suck to ride on all day.  A better question would be why would I worry about how someone else is building the bike we all own.

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2791
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3935 on: February 26, 2021, 10:57:11 PM
*Originally Posted by ksimon [+]
Finally got around to installing Bikemaster Heated grips


Hey buddy, youve been pretty quiet. Heated grips aside, I see youve got a different brake fluid reservoir there, what master cylinder you running now?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline hazy

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Town / City: CO
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3936 on: February 27, 2021, 05:35:36 AM
I've done a few things as a recent new Z owner, but I'd like to say my biggest accomplishment has been reading through 394 pages of this thread.

Ride safe folks, hoping to get pics and stuff up soon

Offline Kurzschluss

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • our world need brave hearts
  • Bike: ZR 900 F
  • Town / City: Dinslaken
  • Country: de
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3937 on: February 27, 2021, 07:20:55 AM
*Originally Posted by hazy [+]
I've done a few things as a recent new Z owner, but I'd like to say my biggest accomplishment has been reading through 394 pages of this thread.

Ride safe folks, hoping to get pics and stuff up soon

Ha ha
Yes I did so too
It is a good preparation for the comming season
All the best
ZR900F  2020  106 Nm  99.9 kW  206 kg
riding a Z900 keeps you dynamic

Offline superpig

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 384
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3938 on: February 27, 2021, 04:02:08 PM
*Originally Posted by adamn58 [+]
Because I like fast bikes?  I bought a Z900 because I wanted a sport bike that wasnt going to suck to ride on all day.  A better question would be why would I worry about how someone else is building the bike we all own.

 :008: Ok, crack on! Just remember to come back and update us when you over rev your motor and it sh!ts the bed.  :821: :063: :037:
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Devilishly fiery and combustable, strictly for masochists, the unhindged and those with reckless bravado.

Offline BartZ

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 152
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #3939 on: February 27, 2021, 04:30:32 PM
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
:008: Ok, crack on! Just remember to come back and update us when you over rev your motor and it sh!ts the bed.  :821: :063: :037:

Yep, plus if you check all the dyno maps on YT where they increased the rev limiter, at top end power flattens out so you gain nothing really, just potential to blow up your motor.