Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Z today?  (Read 624502 times)

hurricanepaines, Vikac and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2910
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4160 on: June 14, 2021, 11:47:35 PM
*Originally Posted by NineseveN [+]
Installed:

Evotech Tail Tidy
R&G Aero Frame Sliders
Almost installed an EMGO Black Satin 7/8 in. Universal Street Handlebar (23-92411S) but sadly is has the exact same amount of sweep from front to back as my OEM bars. I need a straighter bar. The EMGO's are a bit lower, but that's not what I need. The quest to avoid paying $45+ to ship a $55 ABM 0330 bar from Germany continues. So now to decide whether I pay the $7.99 to return a $30.00 handle bar or just list it somewhere and hope it helps somebody else out.

Youre trying to avoid spending the shipping cost, but how many sets of bars will you go through trying to find an alternative before you might as well have spent the shipping to begin with. Sometimes just got to bite the bullet. The ABMs are great, Ive got them on mine. Admittedly the shipping was about half what it is for you, but worth it.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline NineseveN

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 26
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Pennsylvania
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4161 on: June 15, 2021, 02:13:01 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Youre trying to avoid spending the shipping cost, but how many sets of bars will you go through trying to find an alternative before you might as well have spent the shipping to begin with. Sometimes just got to bite the bullet. The ABMs are great, Ive got them on mine. Admittedly the shipping was about half what it is for you, but worth it.

The cost isn't the main issue, though it is a factor. Someone suggested to me that the EMGO bars were similar, and likely close enough. The measurements on most of these websites are crap so I took a change. Won't do that again. I'm gonna get the ABMs. :)

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2910
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4162 on: June 15, 2021, 03:27:50 AM
*Originally Posted by NineseveN [+]
The cost isn't the main issue, though it is a factor. Someone suggested to me that the EMGO bars were similar, and likely close enough. The measurements on most of these websites are crap so I took a change. Won't do that again. I'm gonna get the ABMs. :)

:028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2557
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
  • Country: england
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4163 on: June 15, 2021, 05:46:36 AM
*Originally Posted by NineseveN [+]
The cost isn't the main issue, though it is a factor. Someone suggested to me that the EMGO bars were similar, and likely close enough. The measurements on most of these websites are crap so I took a change. Won't do that again. I'm gonna get the ABMs. :)

It's difficult to envisage how the numbers will actually pan out when installed and that's assuming different shops/manufacturers use the same measuring method.
According to "the list" the EMGO ....411S actually has more sweep than stock but is flatter.

At 1/10th of the cost of my rear shock the ABM's are the best bang for buck mod I have made. Few more bucks for you unfortunately but I hope you like them. 👍



Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline NineseveN

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 26
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Pennsylvania
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4164 on: June 15, 2021, 04:28:37 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
It's difficult to envisage how the numbers will actually pan out when installed and that's assuming different shops/manufacturers use the same measuring method.
According to "the list" the EMGO ....411S actually has more sweep than stock but is flatter.

At 1/10th of the cost of my rear shock the ABM's are the best bang for buck mod I have made. Few more bucks for you unfortunately but I hope you like them. 👍


It was worth a shot. I'll have to think about either sending the EMGO's back or selling them on my own. They're nice bars, but I didn't need lower with the same font/back sweep profile. Thanks!

Offline iakona

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 131
  • Bike: 2020 Z900
  • Town / City: New York
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4165 on: June 18, 2021, 01:32:13 AM
Technically this was done this past Sunday, but I installed a full delkevic exhaust. Tried to upload before and after video for sound but the before is too large to upload. I will make a shorter new sound video soon.


Offline MaverickAus

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 162
  • Bike: 2021 Z900
  • Town / City: Coffs Harbour
  • Country: au
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4166 on: June 18, 2021, 07:56:14 AM
Received and fitted Womet Tech sliders










Just got to remove the Kawasaki sliders and sell them (hopefully)

Offline iBuchon

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1173
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4167 on: June 25, 2021, 12:35:20 AM
Finally got around to mounting the new rubber.


Offline thefrisbee995

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 39
  • Bike: 2020 Z900 Black/Red
  • Country: gb
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4168 on: June 25, 2021, 12:59:49 AM
*Originally Posted by iBuchon [+]
Finally got around to mounting the new rubber.



Looking mean without the stickers on :028:
youtube.com/c/JNPhotography

Offline iBuchon

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1173
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
  • Country: us
Re: What did you do to your Z today?
Reply #4169 on: June 25, 2021, 03:03:08 PM
Thanks! Funny story, its basically covered in stickers. Satin stickers.  :038: