Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track Days with my Z900  (Read 2783 times)

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Track Days with my Z900
Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 04:45:54 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
HoonDawg...I was thinking of re-plumbing my ABS the same as you.

Just curious zed as to why ? Not happy with your pads? Are you still planning in doing ss lines ?
2017 Z900
Knock off shorty levers, custom bar ends w/ bar end mirrors, dbl bubble screen and pillion cover. T-Rex frame sliders, 16 tooth front sprocket, Led headlight bulbs, rear pegs removed,  ZX6 foot pegs and a custom wrap.
 Race Fit Titanium Brawler, reflash and AIS plugged.

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 08:05:25 PM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
Just curious zed as to why ? Not happy with your pads? Are you still planning in doing ss lines ?
I just bled my brakes today. I can't get the spongy-ness out of the lever. I'm still considering the stainless lines but was hoping the bleed would have firmed up the lever. It didn't.
The brakes work the same as when I bought the bike but my other bike and even my scooter have a firmer lever.
I think with the ABS, there's double the length of rubber line. So that may be a factor.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 11:14:58 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I just bled my brakes today. I can't get the spongy-ness out of the lever. I'm still considering the stainless lines but was hoping the bleed would have firmed up the lever. It didn't.
The brakes work the same as when I bought the bike but my other bike and even my scooter have a firmer lever.
I think with the ABS, there's double the length of rubber line. So that may be a factor.

That's a bugger. My came up really firm with the bleed. I was pleasantly surprised. My last bike was a nightmare, the front brake lever would come in and jam my fingers and I had to change the way I braked in the end. It was one of the reasons I got rid of it, it would not bleed, I am pretty sure it had a faulty master cyl, well it was.

Online zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 03:14:47 AM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
That's a bugger. My came up really firm with the bleed. I was pleasantly surprised. My last bike was a nightmare, the front brake lever would come in and jam my fingers and I had to change the way I braked in the end. It was one of the reasons I got rid of it, it would not bleed, I am pretty sure it had a faulty master cyl, well it was.
Mine doesn't jam my fingers under hard braking but it's close. But keep in mind I use a spacer to keep my fingers nearer to the end of the lever, so I'm giving it a good pull.

Offline DaveySprocket

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wellington
Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 06:12:01 AM
Awesome posts..thinks we on the same track..lol never thought about the abs.. guess I need to give that some thought as ive never had a abs bike.. Would be great if you can disable it when not needed as it seems helpful on road. Some pics of the z900 cup bikes would be awesome for Inspiration..I was looking at pp tuning resets but still looking around.