Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: the carbon fiber addiction is real  (Read 3647 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Zrider

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
  • Country: us
the carbon fiber addiction is real
« on: January 25, 2018, 01:42:20 AM »
I cant get enough of this twill weave carbon fiber! its almost an identical match to the pearl mystic grey/metallic flat spark black paint!


Offline stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 256
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:57:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zrider [+]
I cant get enough of this twill weave carbon fiber! its almost an identical match to the pearl mystic grey/metallic flat spark black paint!

Very nice! I love the look!
Where are you sourcing these Zrider?

At the risk of compounding your addiction, have you seen these carbon frame covers on AliExpress?

http://s.aliexpress.com/Nr63uyuA
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:59:14 AM by stuartho »
Stay upright!

Offline Zrider

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
  • Country: us
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 02:11:34 AM »
motocomposites.com is my only source for carbon parts. they make some of the nicest carbon pieces and the shipping times are unreal. they also offer parts in twill weave, normal weave, matte, gloss and color options. if that's not enough they also offer cheaper options that aren't full carbon but the base is fiberglass instead to keep cost down. ive seen those sidecovers I'm just not into the price and the cheaply made carbon tends to fade and yellow quickly so its a expensive gamble.

Offline BlackZ

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 464
  • Country: us
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:22:39 AM »
Looks good bro! Has a nice flow with the carbon parts you have. I bet that power bronze fairing is looking more and more out of place now..lol.

I also like how the carbon patterns match and go in the same direction.

 :028:

Online zed9

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2554
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zrider [+]
motocomposites.com is my only source for carbon parts. they make some of the nicest carbon pieces and the shipping times are unreal. they also offer parts in twill weave, normal weave, matte, gloss and color options. if that's not enough they also offer cheaper options that aren't full carbon but the base is fiberglass instead to keep cost down. ive seen those sidecovers I'm just not into the price and the cheaply made carbon tends to fade and yellow quickly so its a expensive gamble.
Quality frame covers that match what you have would be awesome but that is like spreading the addiction up to the top of the bike. Next it will be the tank covers then on to the headlight fairing. Then down to the front mudguard.
Then you may as well do the tail section to match the front.

It would be a beautiful bike.  :166:

Offline stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 256
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:41:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zrider [+]
motocomposites.com is my only source for carbon parts.

Cheers Zrider. The parts do suit the Z so well. I love the heel guards. Im off to order a set right now.

How addictive did you say this stuff was?  :038:
Stay upright!

Offline Zrider

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
  • Country: us
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:47:36 AM »
I just wanna replace the black plastic pieces with carbon through out the bike. anything painted will stay that way.... for now!

Offline Zrider

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
  • Country: us
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 02:51:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by BlackZ [+]
I bet that power bronze fairing is looking more and more out of place now..lol.


 :028:
some days I look at it and think that looks sick! then some days I think I must be sick! its not a bad looking piece but from some angles its an absolute catastrophe  :157:

Offline Frankie

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 131
  • Bike: Z900, Cagiva Raptor
  • Town / City: Toowoomba
  • Country: au
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 10:42:21 AM »


Youre giving me wicked ideas 😫
I have put cheap contact on mine a few months ago, and I love it. So will be looking to do something better quality when finances allow 😳
This is also on the heel guards, which I hated to look of before.
😍 🏍 👍🏼

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1104
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
  • Country: england
Re: the carbon fiber addiction is real
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:39:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frankie [+]


 Nice head!  :001:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.