Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CSescapamentos full exhaust!  (Read 9636 times)

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Denver CO
Re: CSescapamentos full exhaust!
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by trez63 [+]
Thatís good to know. Iím gonna install the CS system and give it a few weeks and see how it does. The PCV scares me a bit cause it seems like Iíll always be looking for a better map. I might consider finding a local tuner at some point to just do an ecu flash and get it over with.

I've been running a full system for over a month without a tune. Just plug up the AIS hose from the airbox to get rid of any popping. Find a tuner with a load bearing dyno and the Woolich tuning software and get it flashed. Power commanders are for kids. 

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by bmartinZ900 [+]
Power commanders are for kids.

:745:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online stuartho

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by bmartinZ900 [+]
I've been running a full system for over a month without a tune. Just plug up the AIS hose from the airbox to get rid of any popping. Find a tuner with a load bearing dyno and the Woolich tuning software and get it flashed. Power commanders are for kids.

How has the Woolich flash affected performance?
Do you have an idea of increase in HP/kW and torque at certain revs?
And how has it affected ridability? Positively and negatively.

I reckon the Woolich is the way to go with a full system but am so enjoying the smooth power delivery of the Z that Iím loath to mess with it. But then thereís always that lure of better performance.  :002:
Stay upright!

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Denver CO
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2018, 08:08:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
How has the Woolich flash affected performance?
Do you have an idea of increase in HP/kW and torque at certain revs?
And how has it affected ridability? Positively and negatively.

I reckon the Woolich is the way to go with a full system but am so enjoying the smooth power delivery of the Z that Iím loath to mess with it. But then thereís always that lure of better performance.  :002:

Sdiver68 would be the guy to ask about performance. He has a post with his dyno graph and comments.

An ECU flash allows you to tune more. Woolich has made a name for themselves over the past few years. Of course it depends on your tuner and his/her level of detail and knowledge. As for raw numbers, I dont think any tune is going to make huge power gains over stock with mods. However, where that power is made and how smooth its delivered is what translates into better performance. Throttle response and engine braking can be fine tuned as well. A load bearing dyno is the best way to tune any wheel driven application combined with data logging on the street.

The only Woolich tuner near me is booked 3 months out. I'm thinking about purchasing the Woolich package with the log box. I can have them or someone send me a map and flash it to the ECU. From there I can do my own data logging and tinker till my hearts content. Then I can get it on a dyno and go from there. The entire package is $895. Seriously considering it as a new hobby.

Simply put, the best way to tune a motorcycle is an ECU flash with dyno time to build a map. Should cost less than $500.

Offline 900Z

• Z900 Junior Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by StreetbikeTimmy [+]
There was maybe a tiny bit of power lost in the bottom end but the Z has enough grunt down there that itís hardly noticeable. Throttle response has remained unchanged as well. Operating temp is difficult to gauge as it hasnít been above 45 degrees outside yet.

So it seems you have had the CS exhaust for some time -- what would be your overall feedback on it at this point?  Would you recommend it or do you have any reservations?  I think I'm almost ready to order one but I am concerned that it might be too loud as you have hinted earlier in the thread.  Thanks in advance.

Offline GatorZ

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: NH
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
I ordered mine last week. PatrIK was very helpful. Ended up paying $530 US and got free shipping!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2019, 03:00:56 AM »
Anyone who got this system can confirm that there's no welding where it's 4 going to 2? Someone on facebook reported he had some ®šir leaks®

Offline Kippo

• Z900 Member
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2019, 03:04:49 AM »
Just got mine in today. Have to do a unboxing video but Iíll see how mine looks. Not to worried I can tig.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2019, 04:05:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kippo [+]
Just got mine in today. Have to do a unboxing video but Iíll see how mine looks. Not to worried I can tig.

Interrested in your video!