Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: High Idle On Cold Start  (Read 21144 times)

Offline Vikac

• Z900 Member
Re: High Idle On Cold Start
Reply #40 on: May 17, 2021, 10:25:51 AM
Hello guys I have one question, i got my ecu flashed and tuner turned off  high idle on cold start in ECU. I have problem on cold start idle is too low( between 2 and three dash that is between 500-1000rpm in some moment drop to 2dashes but mostly it is on 3 dashes that is 1000rpm), basically idle is same on cold and hot start that is about 1000 rpm. And that is good rpm for hot start, but on cold start  bike shuts down sometimes or works hard and struggling to not turned off until it warm up. Could you tell me can I adjust cold idle ? I am afraid if i adjust something that I will got higher rpm also when the bike is warm. I have only problem on cold start and in colder weather or if bike not driven for a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #41 on: May 17, 2021, 04:44:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Vikac [+]
Hello guys I have one question, i got my ecu flashed and tuner turned off  high idle on cold start in ECU. I have problem on cold start idle is too low( between 2 and three dash that is between 500-1000rpm in some moment drop to 2dashes but mostly it is on 3 dashes that is 1000rpm), basically idle is same on cold and hot start that is about 1000 rpm. And that is good rpm for hot start, but on cold start  bike shuts down sometimes or works hard and struggling to not turned off until it warm up. Could you tell me can I adjust cold idle ? I am afraid if i adjust something that I will got higher rpm also when the bike is warm. I have only problem on cold start and in colder weather or if bike not driven for a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.
Go to page 1 of this thread, its explained pretty well.

Offline bobw

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Z900FLF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Reply #42 on: May 18, 2021, 04:59:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Vikac [+]

Thanks in advance.
If it was working properly before ecu flash then you need to go back to tuner to turn it back on as cold start is activated by ecu and adjusting it without being activated will not sort situation.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline Vikac

• Z900 Member
Reply #43 on: May 18, 2021, 05:08:45 PM
Why you dont tell me that one hour ago :) ? I just tried to adjust it but not working. I move edge of mechanism closer to throttle but mechanism need to move more closer automatically and when the bike is warm automaticlly mechanism will going back. But mine its not moving since it turned off in ECU. I hate this tuner, he didnt even ask me if i want to be turned off or i am just satystfied with stock setup. Problem is that he is so far from me, i got ecu flashed by sent it via courier..
Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:10:03 PM by Vikac