Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RS wheels on non-RS Z?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Krim

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 Black/Red
  • Town / City: San Diego/Tijuana
RS wheels on non-RS Z?
on: February 20, 2021, 11:23:05 PM
I apologize in advance if this has been answered. I tried to Google as well as search the forum. I didn't see anything specifically related to this.

Aesthetics aside, is there any reason 2018 Z900RS rims would not fit perfectly on to a 2021 Z900?

TYIA

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: RS wheels on non-RS Z?
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 03:45:57 PM
See if you can go on a PARTS fiche and look at part numbers and spacers, axle diameters and such. I would think you could.
Does the RS have the same swingarm and rear brake setup?

Offline hazy

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: CO
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 04:20:19 PM
I just looked at the Kawi parts fiche, and it appears the rear end on both uses all the exact same part numbers, so I see no reason it wouldn't work to swap the '18 RS rear onto the non-RS '21

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 04:22:15 PM
I would be surprised if the front swapped without specking out new bearings and seals
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline Krim

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2021 Z900 Black/Red
  • Town / City: San Diego/Tijuana
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 02:30:31 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
See if you can go on a PARTS fiche and look at part numbers and spacers, axle diameters and such. I would think you could.
Does the RS have the same swingarm and rear brake setup?

Had a shop help me to swap them on. No issues!

*Originally Posted by hazy [+]
I just looked at the Kawi parts fiche, and it appears the rear end on both uses all the exact same part numbers, so I see no reason it wouldn't work to swap the '18 RS rear onto the non-RS '21

Thank you for this! This helped me to move forward. Had a shop help me. No issues!

*Originally Posted by ras [+]
I would be surprised if the front swapped without specking out new bearings and seals

I'm not going to lie and say I know. I had a shop help me out. They didn't have any issues, but I didn't think to ask if this was needed to be done. I'm guessing no because they didn't bill me for it.