Author ECU Remap  (Read 3091 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline 3alfa3   hr

    • Z900 Master  ‐    803
    • ****
      #10

    Offline 3alfa3

    • Z900 Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 803
    • Bike: 2020 Z900
    • Town / City: Zagreb
    • Country: hr
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2023, 04.52 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 04.52 pm
    *Originally Posted by Smithy404 [+]
    I donít see why he wouldnít have disabled it in the ECU prior to mapping

    He probably overlooked

  • Offline Delvryboy   us

    • Z900 Member  ‐    63
    • **
      #11

    Offline Delvryboy

    • Z900 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 63
    • Country: us
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2023, 08.45 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 08.45 pm
    Iím getting a Moore Mafia flash.  They say it will throw the o2 code after install, but it will go out with 3 rides over 25 miles automatically.

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1260
    • *****
      #12

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1260
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2023, 09.42 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 09.42 pm
    my 5cts, maybe can help

    i have had a check engine light after ecu flash, in my case that caused disconnected EVAP connector even though i saw my tuner disabled it while flashing.



    He tried to look for the problem, but no luck. also told me, to make few rides and it will gone.  But since that was my first bike flash i wanted a bike complete right there, as i drove lots of km, to another country to do this..... and i went to kawa dealer in that town, so maybe they can clear with oem scanner. After visual inspection and code reading i got  :230: comments from the kawa mechanic, saying that "guys like you doing sh#t to bikes, with all those flashings blah blah blah" but after he plugged back that connector CEL gone. Since then i had no probs.
    Last Edit: Mar 05, 2023, 09.43 pm by MZ900

  • Offline Smithy404   gb

    • Z900 Member  ‐    46
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #13

    Offline Smithy404

    • Z900 Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 46
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: West Midlands
    • Country: gb
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2023, 10.35 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 10.35 pm
    I had the woolich racing map, got a reply from the tuner who said he definitely turned it off in the ECU so it is strange. He said he will mention to woolich.


    I guess the next logical step is the plug in the harness end and the plug in the exhaust to physically disable the 02 and see if it sorts it out.

    @MZ900 was yours error code 33?
    I donít think my tuner touched the EVAP valve and Iím kind of hoping my code is 02 related and will turn off once blanked physically.

    I had PAIR valve blanked off and the associated tubes removed. 

    If itís EVAP then thatís another headache altogether.



  • Offline Smithy404   gb

    • Z900 Member  ‐    46
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #14

    Offline Smithy404

    • Z900 Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 46
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: West Midlands
    • Country: gb
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2023, 10.49 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 10.49 pm
    *Originally Posted by Delvryboy [+]
    Iím getting a Moore Mafia flash.  They say it will throw the o2 code after install, but it will go out with 3 rides over 25 miles automatically.


    I was under the impression I could reset my EML light following the same process but itís proving to be a bit of a hurdle and the common denominator with Z owners who are facing the same EML staying on issue is, you guessed it, owners whoíve decided to go down the ECU flash route.

    Are you removing PAIR valve and using block off plates? Also, disabling the 02 in the ECU might still throw a code, might be worth removing and plugging the exhaust with a bung and the harness end with a resistor plug.

    Will update once Iíve done the latter. If it doesnít work and the tuner determines it is the 02 thatís throwing the code, I will try and source a wideband 02 which would make the bike more tuneable all round and in theory eliminate EMl.

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1260
    • *****
      #15

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1260
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2023, 10.52 pm
    Mar 05, 2023, 10.52 pm
    Honestly i dont remember error code number.

    But i had disconnected both o2 and evap and blocked pair valve hoses that day. And only evap connector caused CEL.

  • Offline Smithy404   gb

    • Z900 Member  ‐    46
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #16

    Offline Smithy404

    • Z900 Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 46
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: West Midlands
    • Country: gb
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2023, 09.18 am
    Mar 06, 2023, 09.18 am
    *Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
    Honestly i dont remember error code number.

    But i had disconnected both o2 and evap and blocked pair valve hoses that day. And only evap connector caused CEL.


    I didnít fiddle with the EVAP so hopefully thatís fine. Just the PAIR valve was removed and blanked. Turned off on ECU and so was the 02 but the 02 I believe is throwing error code 33. Will blank that off and see if it makes a difference.

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1260
    • *****
      #17

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1260
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2023, 09.29 am
    Mar 06, 2023, 09.29 am
    *Originally Posted by Smithy404 [+]

    I didnít fiddle with the EVAP so hopefully thatís fine. Just the PAIR valve was removed and blanked. Turned off on ECU and so was the 02 but the 02 I believe is throwing error code 33. Will blank that off and see if it makes a difference.
    Ok, as i said, that was my case.btw
    Since pair disabled in ecu, then it just enough to block hoses.
    Last Edit: Mar 06, 2023, 09.31 am by MZ900

  • Offline Smithy404   gb

    • Z900 Member  ‐    46
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #18

    Offline Smithy404

    • Z900 Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 46
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: West Midlands
    • Country: gb
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2023, 09.29 am
    Mar 06, 2023, 09.29 am
    *Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
    my 5cts, maybe can help

    i have had a check engine light after ecu flash, in my case that caused disconnected EVAP connector even though i saw my tuner disabled it while flashing.



    He tried to look for the problem, but no luck. also told me, to make few rides and it will gone.  But since that was my first bike flash i wanted a bike complete right there, as i drove lots of km, to another country to do this..... and i went to kawa dealer in that town, so maybe they can clear with oem scanner. After visual inspection and code reading i got  :230: comments from the kawa mechanic, saying that "guys like you doing sh#t to bikes, with all those flashings blah blah blah" but after he plugged back that connector CEL gone. Since then i had no probs.

    Looks like you have a Woolich racing tune - which performance mods did you do to the bike and what were your final numbers? 

    Howís the bike riding? Also have you noticed reduced engine breaking?

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1260
    • *****
      #19

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1260
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: ECU Remap
    Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2023, 12.59 pm
    Mar 06, 2023, 12.59 pm
    *Originally Posted by Smithy404 [+]
    Looks like you have a Woolich racing tune - which performance mods did you do to the bike and what were your final numbers? 

    Howís the bike riding? Also have you noticed reduced engine breaking?

    Yes it is a woolich tune.

    Basically at that moment was airfilter bmc, chinapovic full exhaust. Figures dunno, tuner guy said he dont chase the numbers....  bike is quick, regarding engine breaking - well, maybe 😁 i need a stock bike to remind me, how it was.

    Now i have different exhaust config, so i need to back for adjustments